Friday, November 14, 2008

speaking of whales


Here's another whale.... a steam punk version if you will. I admit that I do like to add rivets to my subjects. This little sketch does a good job demonstrating the solid, "heaviness" of the whale.

I think this is a pretty good candidate for a paper model design. Unfortunately, it takes me so long to actually produce the paper models I design that I get bored and lose interest before I can complete them. So my solution has been to work on several different designs at a time. For instance, right now I am working on a space habitat, a flying machine, an electric eel powered transport vehicle, and a two-headed chicken. I'll focus on one design for a week or so... then I'll switch to another for another week... and so on. All of these paper models are moving along well, but none of them are finished yet. Eventually, they'll be completed and I'll finally be able to update my paper models page on my website! Woohoo!

No comments: